Friday, May 10, 2013

Talk to me

What has happened to the art of communication? As a teenager I remember I couldn't wait to get home after school to sit to talk to my girlfriend and call boys on three way! I remember asking permission to even speak to my friends on the phone. And Lord forbid if you call someone's house after 10 o'clock! I remember that giddy feeling you experienced to have a crush sit on the phone have nothing to say but just the fact that he's on the phone with you was like you were in heaven!
Oh how I long for those days! It feels like with all this technology with the intent to better connect us, we have become disconnected from the simple and more satisfying connection hearing and seeing each other! This has translated over into our most intimate relationships! I find myself checking Facebook and twitter to see how my friends are doing instead of actually picking up the phone and calling them. Even dating has changed for me because of this technical revolution. Men don’t pick up the phone and call you anymore, they much rather text (these are guys my age)! They will text you all day long and will not sit on the phone with you! Granted, I understand some guys are honestly really shy on the phone and need to be face to face to effectively communicate, but gees!
Can we as a whole decide to talk again! Pick up the phone and call your best friend! Call your Boo and tell her that you love her instead of texting her! If you can go visit your family and those who matter the most in your life. There is nothing like good old fashion face to face conversations, we connect and touch each other souls! We transcend to a higher level and enjoy each other sooo much more!
Until next time, call me!
Finess

No comments:

Post a Comment