Tuesday, May 7, 2013

From The Bottom of Our Hearts

     After another great conversation with Finess I was inspired to write this post.  I was going to wait until tomorrow because I am super tired from such a busy day, but my heart (nor mind) wouldn't let me rest.  These thoughts were running too loudly through my head.  Whether we know (or accept) it or not we all have a specific desire when it comes to love in our lives.  In the bottom of our hearts; within the deepest recesses and confines that we dare not venture into (for fear of knowing ourselves too well) this truth, this desire,  lives, breathes and aches to be acknowledged and fulfilled. 
     I know that for the longest time I desired my match.  My heart longed for someone who I could dream with, love, cherish and have passionately-romantic trysts with (lol).  Someone who I could make memories, laugh with and stand next to through the bad times and the good.  A man who not only genuinely wanted the same things, but who would (and could) reciprocate whole hearted and without hesitation.  I wanted the hand holding, cuddling, kissing, tickling, teasing, the sweet whispers and heart felt promises.  I wanted someone who would be my sun and I, his moon.  My match, who would be my first thought when I wake and my last before I sleep.  The one whose kiss makes my heart skip and my knees go weak.  I wanted all of the romance and passion perfectly blended with the reality of stability and happiness, too. 
     The funny and almost tragic fact is for the longest time I compromised on my heart's desire.  I lost my self, my way, and became someone I wasn't with a heart full of unhappiness.  That was almost my life...(but because everything happens for a reason) it isn't anymore!  I am blessed to have reconnected with an amazingly wonderful man who I love tremendously.  And not only do I love Hunny, but he is my match and with him I am NOT compromising my heart's desire but fulfilling them instead(what a lucky woman I am)!
     The freedom and peace my heart knows within this fulfillment is blinding!  I feel comfortable and happy with Hunny by my side (and when he can't be by my side I have never missed the presence of a single individual in my day to day life as much as I do Hunny's).  There isn't a doubt in my heart in regards to his love for me or our future together.  I want to shout it from the mountain tops and dance along rainbows from the sheer joy of it all (but as I am not climbing Mt. Everest nor dancing a jig along refracted light I had to settle for the internet, lol)!  I look forward to watching our future unfold; spending every moment possible with my Hunny and drifting through this blue lagoon of love that has me deliciously intoxicated (in the best way of course).
     The point to all of this sharing is to emphasis that allowing ourselves to fulfill our "secret" heart's desires can lead us to great happiness.  It isn't necessarily easy nor is the road straight and narrow either, but it is worth the lessons and the struggles.  Until another time I wish you all love and happiness of the truest kind!
     Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment