Friday, May 31, 2013

Stalker-Licious!

     Are you Stalker-Licious?  Don't laugh, I am being absolutely serious!  So--are you?  Wait, do you NOT know what I mean?  Let me specify!  Stalker-Licious is a term I am now putting into action after watching person after person subconciously abuse social media to the point of being stalkable.  I.e.:   checking in; posting; tagging; foursquare-ing; tweeting; instagraming; facebook-ing; myspace-ing (although I highly doubt ANYONE uses myspace anymore), etc to the point where everyone (and virtually anyone) knows not only exactly what you are wearing, but who you are with; where you are and what you are doing.
     I know I have been guilty of it and I am pretty sure as hell is hot, you are probably guilty of it too.  If anyone can walk up to you and have a full out conversation about your entire (wish you could forget) weekend; the first 48 hours of your new puppy's escapades or the cornucopia of flora you have added to your garden, without any previous conversation (of any kind) with you regarding any of those things--then YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!  Don't get me wrong.  Social media has its merits (although few and far between) like planning events; or sharing favorite/special moments; or sharing positive or helpful information.  But there is such a thing as OVER SHARING!  Don't be Stalker-Licious!  Don't post every half hour of every hour of the day!  Not only are your friends and family (although they love you) are tired of seeing your face for breakfast, lunch and dinner (and every moment in between), but you shouldn't want them to!
     Take all the pictures you want, fill up your laptop, droid (notice I didn't say apple *yuck*) and even your social media pages, but keep some of it private.  You should want to.  I am sure you have at least an idea of what kind of Creepers exist in the world!  Let's not make it easy for them or give them any more ideas than they already have.  And let's not overwhelm those we "share" our social media lives with, either!  In all seriousness, when is enough sharing--well--enough sharing?  Don't be an abuser or an addict.  We need to learn how to enjoy our social media without overusing our social media! 
     ***I want to give a big thank you to SuSu, Pollyanna (*wink*) and Nessie for giving me the idea for this post!  We really appreciate the feedback and suggestions it helps us know what you like and want to hear about!***
     Well Lovelies, until another time, I wish you all love and happiness of the truest kind!
     ~Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment