Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bobble Heads/ Gird Your Loins!

    Hello Lovelies!  Gosh my fingers have been aching to get back to it and I was determined (even at the cost of my precious beauty sleep, lol) to carve out time to post this!  My subject for today is the growing epidemic of  Bobble Heads!  Bobble Heads--is a new term that my friends and I have taken to calling people who are so full of negativity--and themselves--that they have big heads (some literally and some figuratively and most--both).  And you know I never realized how many Bobble Heads surround me every day until we found a way to refer to them.
     Not that I am trying to spread the term "Bobble Head" around, but as I stated before, I never really realized how many Bobble Heads populate my day to day life until recently.  I mean the day is hard enough as it is.  We all strive to do our best; make a difference; make it through--what have you--and they are so determined to make it so much harder then it needs to be.  The fact that they spew, with smiles on their faces, passive-aggressive insults and jibes, pretending like they are sweet as prune pie is just--tiring.  How sad must they be to try and spread their misery and joyless hearts around to others?
     Yet, no matter how sad the question I find myself asking, is what in the world can I do to DEFLECT that Bobble Head Virus they are determined to cough all over me and everyone else in a 20 foot radius?  I refuse (although tempting as it may be(and it truly is)) to play mean girl with them--stoop to their level and make them three times as uncomfortable as they can ever make anyone else.  So, where does that leave me or anyone dealing with their personal "Bobble Head",  for that matter.  Certainly not between a rock and a hard place because I am not that kind of girl, but the question (again, remains) what to do, what to do?
     Honestly the only thing I have figured out by now is that I have to do the thing they hate most, smile and keep it moving; don't give them the time of day because they don't deserve it.  I will not feed into nor stoop down nor ingest their virus either.  After all, if I did that I wouldn't be any better than they are--if I did that I would be a Bobble Head!  So, I need to put into practice (way more than I have been( hey I am NOT perfect)) mindful breathing and reclaim my calm.  Consider this me turning over a new-old leaf for my own peace of mind and happiness.

     Just a little something to think about for all of you out there dealing with their own set of Bobble Heads.  Be brave!  Gird your loins!  And remember to take the higher ground!  Until another time I wish you all love and happiness of the truest kind!  

No comments:

Post a Comment