Monday, March 4, 2013

The Road Not Traveled/ Regrets

     Although I doubt complete success in this endeavor I still try to live my life with as few regrets as possible.  I remember reading Frost when I was younger and being enthralled with the idea of traveling one road, but eventually coming back to traverse the other.  As I got older I realized that it was impossible to return and travel that road.  Once choices and decisions are made they can not be unmade.  The road changes and is no longer the same as it was before it was changed by decisions and choices...
     The long and short of it is that a song rolled through my speakers and slapped me hard in the face with nostalgia tingled with a heavy dose of regret.  One song, a few lyrics and bars of music and my mood changed as my thoughts were sucked into the past!  An other worldly creature of 'what if' started to haunt my every reminiscent step.  (Damn you Kings of Leon (more specifically 'Sex is on Fire')!)  The song, the memories, all of it made me miss someone I once knew, in a deep place, in a deep way.  It stung, it burned and I had to shake the box of memories up a little bit to resettle its contents.  Maybe it was all too sudden and unexpected, those memories or maybe no matter how much I want to deny it--I realized that I will never forget...
     Well folks that's all for now!  Until another time I wish you love and happiness of the truest kind!
~Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment