Sunday, March 17, 2013

Passion/Just One Kiss

     Passion--this word means many different things to many different people.  For some passion is as tempestuous as the sea; or soft and easy as a brook; for others it is white hot like a blazing inferno.  Passion can come from a slow boil or a spontaneous combustion, it really just depends on the person (or people).  Passion I believe is as misunderstood and under appreciated as true (pure, unconditional) love. 
     Like love, passion varies in degree and situation.  I have been lucky to experience it in a few of its varying degrees, but I am woman enough to admit that my favorite kind of passion is the kind that burns with white hot heat, that consumes and fills you simultaneously.  I wish that everyone could know this kind of passion even if it is only once.  I believe that a lucky few get to lay claim to this passion for a lifetime and those--those are the people that I envy.
     Maybe I envy them because there are many who may get to taste this white hot passion, but only a few of them get to devour it for the rest of their lives.  Heated passion is addictive and intoxicating on a level that I have yet to find a comparison for.  It is rare, not to possess it, oh no I believe everyone possesses it, but it takes the right person to ignite it.  This passion is born within everyone, it lives within our very souls, flows beneath our flesh; when it is ignited it comes to life and burns its existence into your being.  You don't even know it is there until it rises like a Phoenix and there is nothing you can do, as it sweeps through you, except enjoy the ride.
     It has been too long since I have been gifted with such inescapable passion, but it is nothing short of magic that one kiss from the right person can bring it all back to life.  Almost as though it never left, the blinding light of burning passion tumbled me into tunnel vision and the world faded; what thrilling intoxication.  I thought I had buried it all long ago, hiding it in a box within a deep part of myself, but it burned its way free.  Lucky me, (seriously) I didn't think that one kiss could make me feel all of that again.  (Hmmm, now that does say a lot about the kisser, now doesn't it?)  I hope I am lucky enough to be kissed like that again, and soon.  (Just as I am hopeful that you all, at some point in your life, will be able to understand exactly what I mean.)
     Well I think this is enough TMI for one night ;).  Until another time, I wish you all love and happiness of the truest kind.
     ~Marissa  

No comments:

Post a Comment