Thursday, March 14, 2013

Colors of Love

     Love has NO COLOR for me.  And quite honestly I get tired of people saying I need to stick to my own kind...or that I am a "sister" and should date a "brother"...IGNORANCE (disgusting and ridiculous)!  We are more than the color of our skin!  We are men and women, human beings encased in rainbow flesh.  Cut us open--we possess the same organs, or blood runs red, we have to breathe to live!  Essentially we are all the same.  Our differences come more from our culture (which we have no control over) and the people we choose to be (which we have a great deal of control over) if we are being honest with ourselves. 
     A man is a man, I don't care about the color of his flesh, but I do care about the condition of his mind, heart and soul.  If you are a good man, is your goodness diminished because of the color of your skin?  Is your ability to love and treat a woman well affected by the color of your flesh?  I have never believed so, it has never been proven so and the fact that such a thing can even be insinuated in the year 2013 is appalling and disgusting.  It is nothing more than closed minded, insecure, ignorance and I find that inexcusable!
     A man's worth comes from who he is not from the color of his skin (which he has no control over).  When I look at a man, someone who has sparked my interest or someone that I desire, I do not see his color.  I see his varied attributes, actions, and hear his words.  I do not see a color, I see a MAN!  We should not see color unless it is the color of love. If this were the case then we should see nothing but RED!  See the world through rose colored glasses, a world through love.  Red is the only color I see when it comes to love.  Red, the color of passion, lust, desire, and love!  MLK had a dream and I have a dream too, that the ignorance of (all forms of) racism will be completely eradicated.  that the beauty and pureness of love will no longer be tainted by it!  I have a dream that a person's ability to love will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the person who they are.  Did God not create us all?  We are all equal and nothing physically different will ever change these facts!
     I return my soapbox to its corner for now folks, until another time I wish you all love and happiness of the truest kind.
~Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment