Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Relationship, Really?

     So a lovely friend of mine asked me if I wanted a relationship or was it too soon.  I think I surprised her when I told her that divorce didn't sour me on relationships or marriage, at all.  It's not that I didn't go through a fair bit of hell because (and do trust me) I did, but I am the type of person who will not overly mourn someone, let alone someone who doesn't want me.  As I am sure he is not thinking or mourning me at all, why would I linger and languish in pain?  The marriage and subsequent divorce all that happened within it, I had to work through.  I took my time (during our separation especially) to  understand and come to terms with everything that happened. 
     Even so there are times when memories' (cold hearted sister) nostalgia slaps me hard and there is an ache in my heart, but I am happy those are few and far between.  I believe as time goes on this will lessen which I am looking forward to.  After all, how much would I hinder myself, how much self inflicted damage would I cause if I allowed fear and bitterness to take root in my heart because of what happened?  How would I benefit or grow if I am contaminated by bitterness and pain?  Maybe my way of handling things isn't as common as I thought, but it works for me.  Everyone has a journey to make, in their own shoes, through life.  We can have similar situations, but learn to cope and grow differently and this is because we are our own people.
     Well enough reflection for now.  Until another time, I wish you all love and happiness of the truest kind!
~Marissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment