Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Re-Smitten Divorcee

     Oh how way leads unto way!  I have been struck smitten quite unexpectedly; me of all people was snowballed, bulldozed, hooked, knocked out to left field!  I truly didn't see it coming!  What is a woman to do?  I find that I am intrigued, smitten and in pseudo disbelief.  How can someone so completely compatible (God did you hear my prayers?) stumble into my life like this?  I don't believe I have ever known anyone half as compatible with me, ever before.  Complementary yes, but compatible, no; I don't believe so save once, but our lives led us down different paths.  Yet this person, this man, may surpass that previous level of compatibility.  I'm still trying to understand how that could possibly be possible but when I think about him, it really isn't too hard to see how or why.
     What caught me at first is not only his calm, receptive, demeanor but it is like breathing, talking with him is just that easy.  It is the kind of ease that most people take years to have with each other and yet for us it was (mutually) instantaneous.  We also seem to be completely on the same page to the point where it is like we are floating through each others consciousness.  We have the same peculiar interests and desires to travel to the (same) exotic locales!  (And no, he didn't wait for me to tell him my interests and desires so that he could agree!  He spoke about these things himself (C'mon I am NOT a rookie)!) Then the cherry on top of the cake is that he is super smart (seriously knowledgeable about quantum physics) which is uber (yes it is a real word) hot!
    I never thought to come across someone like him, ever (can't you taste the disbelief, don't you love how ever has become my new favorite word)!  I am used to being in situations where the person I am dating/seeing compliments me but not someone who is compatable which makes me both excited and nervous.  I know I must quell the urge to sing ("I don't know when, I don't know how, but I know something's starting right now!(thank you, Disney, that song is apropos)).  This is fresh, very new and unexpected.  I will take my time because if the other shoe is going to drop I don't want to be so clouded (no more rose colored glasses!) that I don't see it coming.  Yet, I am enjoying things so much (thus far) that a secret part of my (very tattered and bruised ) heart hopes that it will never change (at least not for the worse)...A part of me chastises these feelings as nothing more than girlish, silliness.  My inner, churlish old woman pokes me with her cane and asks me, "Have you not had enough?", but my inner fairytale princess, with a twinkle in her eye, smiles at me because we both know that in regards to love it is never enough!
     Well kiddies that is all for now.  Until the next time I wish you all, love and happiness of the truest kind.
~ Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment