Monday, February 18, 2013

Compatibility VS Complimentary

     If you have been reading my posts you would have noticed that the "World of Compatibility" is rather new for me.  And that had started me thinking that this may be the one thing I needed to change but didn't.  It is almost like the Nature VS Nurture controversy in psychology (although I will admit that I believe that Nature and Nurture are both equally important in the development of a child)  I am starting to wonder (at least in regards to me (I am NOT a hypocrite)) if the key to relationship success is compatibility instead of complimentary.  Quite honestly I used to believe (for the longest of time, obviously) that compatibility  was equivalent to too much of the same which meant nothing to learn, no chance to grow and just plain old boring.  Add in the solid (and constantly reinforced) belief that there was no one in this big, round, wide world that could ever be compatible with me and you have yourself a classic case (at least a possible case) of Screwed Myself Over.
     Because of this mind set I didn't look (or probably more accurately, ignored) compatibility and instead received complimentary relationships into my life.  That (quite, and most painfully, obvious) has NOT (and I mean at all) worked out!  Arguably my friends relationships seem to work very well when they are with someone who compliments them instead of someone who they are compatible with. But then again I am ME, NOT my friends (Did you like that bit of devil's advocate?)!  Instead of turning away from compatibility I may need to embrace it and see what happen!  After all this is a new chapter in my life so why not try a new tactic?
     Just a little food for thought mixed in with a little bit of sharing.  That's all for today folks!  Until next time I wish you all love and happiness of the truest kind.
     ~ Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment