Monday, February 18, 2013

The Great Return (Divorcee Dating Saga Part Trois)


     So, after the "Great Perjury" (also known as Letter to a Hypocrite amongst other shared post titles) which left an undeniably disgusting taste in my mouth, I got a call from the one person I really did want to hear from.  I had honestly decided to write him off (I will call him Mr. Shakespeare) and delete his number, but then (after Shakespeare built much anticipation(typical guy, right)) he finally called.  (I wasn't waiting by the phone mind you!)  The conversation was longer than I believe either of us expected (about four hours) and would have lasted longer than it did had I not needed to work the next day.  Although Shakespeare said he knew our first real conversation would be like this, I was still surprised.  Along with the surprise was also quite a bit of elation over having such a varied (yes I am one of those girls that finds intelligence sexy) conversation. 
     As with most things, one lengthy and intriguing conversation led to another even lengthier one and another until it turned into us finally meeting...I am delighted to say that it went beautifully.  You can't imagine my sheer excitement over this!  Shakespeare was the one that I had set my cap for (I love that phrase it should have never fallen out of fashion!)!  He is intelligent, funny, decisive, and kind.  His interest are vast and varied of which he is well informed.  I enjoy his thought process/perspective; the way he works through questions and expresses himself with clarity and confidence.  I am enamored with his loquaciousness and the touch of his hand has he held mine.  I don't think ( at least not so far) any one has made me truly remember how nice it is to share/spend time with someone who was just wonderful, as much as he did, in just one day.  It is a plus that he is boy next door cute and blessed with blue eyes so devastatingly gorgeous that they must make the bluest tropical oceans envious.  I like that I comfortable with him, like we have known each other awhile.  I had no nerves, just a happy calm, when we met and calmer still as we spent more time together.
     The afternoon was dazzling (although the wind was bitterly cold and wicked) with clear blue skies and fantastic views that tantalized our sight while our conversation enticed my mind.  I have to say that I was thrilled that he was just as advertised (and so much more).  The sweetness of his wonderment was enough to erase the disgusting perjury from my lips and actually encourage my little (mustard) seed of hope that is trying to grow, struggling, like a concrete rose.  By the setting of the sun neither of us wanted to leave.  Even with the cuddling at the Song Bird Overlook and the gentlest of kisses, it was like a tease of a promise and I believe we both wanted more...I find myself minding time as I look forward to seeing Shakespeare again and what may happen between us.  Hopefully it will be a lot of good things and good memories.
     Well folks, I finally blogged all the post I had written and I don't think I can stand much more emotional vulnerability ( I kid, I kid).  Until another time I wish you all love and happiness of the truest kind.

~Marissa  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment