Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Approach


     The other night as I was clocking out from work I had some random, creepy dude literally invade my bubble (to the point where I couldn't swipe my badge without bumping into him) asking, "What your name is?"  Ummm--SERIOUSLY?!?!?!  I couldn't refrain from giving him my patented "eat sh*t and die--you lowbrow, slovenly, pathetic boy" look while replying with a completely disdainful, "Excuse me?"!  (If I weren't at work I would have popped off and acted a monkey, but I had to maintain some sort of professionalism).  Needless to say (the combination of both which can not be translated with only words) worked with sheer perfection as he backed off quite quickly, but why do I even have to do all of that in the first place?  What is unfortunate is that this is not the first (and I am pretty sure not the last) incident of its kind that I have experienced AND I am not the only woman who has stories like this either!
    There is a reason why people say that first impressions are the most important, most lasting.  Your first impression sets the tone for how you not only present yourself, but how you are received by others as well.  So, I ask this question:  If you KNOW that your first impression is the most important then why in the HELL do guys (9 out of 10 times) approach women in the most incorrect of ways?  (I said guys not MEN!)  I am a woman not a twelve year old girl!  The random, "Hey Shorty!"; "Hey Red"; "What your name..."; "Can I come home with you?" is disrespectful, disgusting, immature and pathetic.  You paint yourself as being thirsty, classless, uneducated and stagnant.  Why in the world would or can you think that any approaches like that would work?!?!?!?  And what makes matters worse when they don't work you don't look at YOURSELF to see how you can improve, oh no, you look at women and call them "stuck up", "b*tches" or "hoes" (or worse).  NEWSFLASH for you--good, mature, well balanced and accomplished women don't LOWER their standards nor will they--let alone for you.
     Or if you don't blame women you end up blaming men!  You look at MEN (I said men, not boys or guys) who have their lives together and present themselves well and think that the only reason a woman will date or marry them is because of their job, house or car.  No my friend that isn't true at all because if you had all of the same accouterments 'he' did, but you were still you--you still wouldn't get the time of day.  Real Men know the importance of, "Excuse me Miss..."; "How are you today?"; "I just wanted to say you look beautiful..." AKA:  the polite, mature approach!  Think about it, all the world isn't wrong and you right.  If you aren't getting the results you want it is time for you to take a break and reassess yourself!  I know I am tired of the most wrong of wrong approaches aren't you getting tired of presenting them! 
     It just makes me wonder, how and why any guy would think that he could present himself in such a way and get a positive result.  What makes me wonder more is what kind of girls are out there accepting this nonsense and subsequently reinforcing such bad habits.  Well, that is all I have for tonight.  I guess Finess and I both needed to vent a little.  Until another time I wish you all Love and Happiness of the truest kind.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment