Thursday, August 1, 2013

From Within

     Okay so, I tried to sleep and as it has been interrupted and refuses to come back to me anytime soon, I thought I would do something constructive with my time.  I was going to wait until this weekend to post this, but as you (and I) can see now is as good of a time as any.  I was watching one of my favorite Bollywood movies (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi) trying to fall asleep when I realized something I had been overlooking whenever I previously viewed this movie (I blame it on the gorgeous clothes and fabulous songs).  You see, the first time I watched it I saw how much the main character loved his wife.  The second time I watched it I saw how much the wife had grown--changed and welcomed a new kind of love into her life.  And although I watched it many times after that (and before this) it wasn't until now that I realized that the wife had to learn to see, not with her eyes, but with her heart and only then was she able to appreciate and accept the love her husband gave to her.
     It made me wonder how many people in this world have forsaken a love, meant for them, because they couldn't SEE with their heart instead of their eyes.  I mean we are all guilty of (at one time or another) looking at a couple and wondering how the HECK they ended up together because they don't LOOK like they belong together (you know it is true--don't deny it)!  But what we forget is that we see with our eyes.  We do not know one or the other of the couple to even begin to see them with our hearts.  I guess for me it was just a reminder of how our eyes deceive us.  It is kind of disconcerting to think about how blindly we walk through our lives, depending solely on our eyes to understand the people we see on a daily basis, is no way to know or understand someone. 
     At the end of the day our eyes can only see the most superficial and mutable details of a person.  Our eyes can not see their spirit--their soul.  Our eyes can not help us understand or know the person they truly are.  With our eyes we can not see nor understand their goodness, darkness, nor their intentions.  But with our hearts we can get to know people as they are and not how we see them.  Our hearts should be our "eyes" for our hearts see the beauty--goodness--that can not be seen; the gentility--fragility--sensitivity that is concealed and the brilliance of a loving and generous heart that is misunderstood.
     Can you imagine what the world would be like if we no longer judged or assumed to know someone based on what they looked like or by any of the other preconceived societal categories that allow us to limit our natural human connections?  The possibilities would be limitless--our lives infinitely better--but that is only my humble speculation.  Well, lovelies, I have said more than enough for one night and I feel sleep drawing me back into his arms and I most happy to acquiesce.  Until another time I wish you all Love and Happiness of the truest kind.
          ~Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment