Saturday, June 15, 2013

Struggle

    PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN

      Finess asked me one day, "Why is it that good people have to struggle so hard, for so long?".  At that time we actually had a  long conversation about it.  That, as I said, was a little while ago, but I woke up the other morning asking myself the same questions.  Maybe it is because of all the things happening in my life or maybe it is because I know what is going on with others.  Either reason I was rehashing this conversation, but this time I was asking God.
   I know that I am not the only one weary and I found myself asking God when is enough, enough?  I try to take the high road; bide my time and do my best.  I just feel like all of my best efforts, hard work and diligence are all for naught.  When will the struggling and suffering be over?  When will I see the light at the end of the tunnel?
   And with all of my questions, frustrations, stress and exhaustion swirling within me like a tornado I received my answer (in the form of a question).  It was simply, "Would you be who you are if you did not struggle or suffer?"  One quiet question in rebuttal (from the tiny voice within my soul) stopped me dead in my tracks.  Would I be who I am without it?  Honestly--and most assuredly--I would not.  I don't know who I would be, but I wouldn't be me.  Like a diamond in the rough being refined through fire, so am I in my life (so are we all). 
      So I will continue "the good fight"  because I know it is for a reason.  I trust that there will be a better tomorrow and I have to struggle through this so I will be ready.  Remember Lovelies that we shall over come and be all the better for it in the end!  Until another time I wish you love and happiness of the truest kind!
     ~Marissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment