Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Not Perfect, But Worth It/Divorcee Dating Saga part Huit

     So it has been awhile since I have written anything, let alone about Hunny and me. Surprisingly, some people have started to ask whether or not we are even still together.  Well, I am most happy to say that we are.  And after a conversation that I had with Nessie today, I really wanted to post something not just about Hunny and me, but about relationships on the whole.  Nessie is one of my best friends and we talk about everything.  Honestly I don't think we have any secrets.  And this morning, while I was stuck in ghastly traffic, we were talking about relationships (both hers and mine).
     Nessie always teases me that my relationship with Hunny is like a movie; a love from long ago rekindled after years of separation and later friendship, etc.   I guess, when she describes it this way, it kind seems like it.  And although I am terribly happy I had to point out to her that, like any other relationship, it isn't perfect.  Although it isn't perfect, it is most definitely WORTH IT.  Relationships don't only require work; they require a desire to make it work.  If neither (or even just either) instead of both people in a relationship don't possess a desire to make it work let alone the heart to see the work through, then the relationship will not prosper.  There will be good days and bad days no matter who you are.  There will be times where you won't understand your love and vice versa, but as long as you both try (try until you succeed) to communicate and understand each other that is what is important.
     It takes time and the desire to build something lasting.  So, that is why it is necessary to work on not just sympathizing, but empathizing; not just listening, but understanding; and not just being a presence, but being present.  Take time to not only build and strengthen your relationship, but to learn, understand, accept and appreciate the one you love as well.  Because at the end of the day Love is more than a word or a feeling or even a state of being.  Love comes from what you say and how you say things to your love.  Love is in the way you treat, think, act and react to them.  Love is in everything you do and don't do.  Be a thoughtful, motivated, partner and lover because your love is important and the decisions you make (the actions you take) directly effect the person you choose to connect your life with ; the person that you love.
     Just something to think about.  Until another time I wish you all love and happiness of the truest kind.
          ~Marissa    

No comments:

Post a Comment