Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Big 25 Update

So I've been 25 for about a month now. I thought my quarter life crisis was over once the hangover from my celebration left my body. But! Here I am just one month later wondering if I should pack up my dog, say farewell to all my love ones, and chase down my dream of seeing the entire world.

I feel oh so lost and confused! I want to enjoy my time here on earth. I only have one life, why waste it on boring jobs and sort of kind of relationships. Admittedly, I didn't even consider reaching 25 in my life vision when I was younger; setting the foundation of a what I thought I wanted my life to look like. Boy did I think I would be a whole lot more successful than I am now.

I envisioned my 20s would be fabulous! I figured I would have dropped a large amount of weight and work out everyday. I thought I would be a very powerful business woman, calling all the shots at my extremely busy catering company. Lol I figured I wouldn't have mastered working in heels and had a boss black closet (black is my power color). I imagined having a wonderful, tall, caramel colored, athletic fiance and a little white cuddly dog. All of this living in my dream home in Savannah.

But life clearly isn't like that at all! I have a entry level position that I am clearly overqualified for. Still clearly overweight. No real man in my life. I hate wearing heels. No black closet. And my dog is large and black. Lol the funny part is that I am glad things didn't work didn't turn out the way I envisioned, for the simple fact... That plan did not include God or my purpose for living. I would be just another material driven woman, lacking a real connection to the Creator. I would almost be soulless. My relationship nor career would be fulfilling for me and I would always be hungry for more. I would much rather have the life that I have now because I can at least see and feel what  this gift of life is like. And I am NOT finished by no means. Lol I'm just at the beginning. The world is my oyster! I don't have all the answers, in fact only one: I am here for a purpose and I will live up to the wonderful and special task that our Creator entrusted in me! So though I am feelings lost and turned around in my life, I'm really not. I have a purpose and every decision I make just leads me closer to discovering it and living it. So until it comes, care to enjoy the scenery with me? I am determined to enjoy this gift of life, join me!

Much love and purpose,

Finess



1 comment:

  1. So eloquent! I love you Finess. You are a hero to me. <3

    ReplyDelete