Thursday, April 25, 2013

Misery Loves Company (But I don't Love Misery)!

PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN:

     Why are miserable people so anxious to spread their misery?  More over why do they not exert that same energy into making themselves happy instead?  Trying to drag people down into the murky misery just makes the mire so much danker and filthier and lonelier than before!  Being miserable is like vinegar and salt in an open wound!  It isn't inviting or comforting or healing.  It is a toxic, tragic and stagnant existence that dooms all who choose to remain ensnared in its sticky web.
     Honestly I don't understand and I don't want to, but I want to ask, "Why do you waste time wallowing in misery instead of pulling yourself out of it?".  The only way to get out of misery is to fight and climb and fight (some more) yourself out.  No matter how much love and support is given to a miserable person at the end of the day they can only save themselves.
     We should say an extra prayer for the miserable.  I am sad for them.  But I will not let their misery contaminate me nor be sucked into the mire either.  Happiness is (9 times out of 10) a choice.  It isn't easy, you have to work to be happy, but it is worth it--and it is most certainly MY choice!
     Well, enough venting for now!  Until another time I wish you all love and happiness of the truest kind!
          ~M

No comments:

Post a Comment