Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Big 25

Today I am 3 months & 17 days away from my 25th birthday, and my entire world feels upside down! At 24, most (all) of my friends are 1) Married/Engaged 2) In hardcore committed relationships 3)Having children 4) Buying houses 5) Traveling the world 6) Have established careers, and I... am NO WHERE close to any of those millstones!

My older friends tell me not to worry about the Big 25, but for the first time in my life I feel like a slacker; like somewhere down the line between college and adulthood, I missed a few stops! I know I can't be alone out there! Hello... Hello... Young, attractive, smart, funny lady right here!!! Hello... Does no one see or hear me... Hello World!?!?

As I get closer to my epic day, my only survival method is to focus on my accomplishments, and tell the world repeatedly that I AM HERE! Whether it sees me or not I AM HERE!!! At 24, I have: successfully finish my Bachelors in 3 1/2 years, hired by the #1 company to work for in Atl, growing a budding catering company, and have my own (paying ALL the bills) home and car. I have loved and lost, lost and gained awesome friends, and met the love of my life... Boss!

So I repeat, regardless if anyone hears me or not, I AM HERE!!

With that, Hopefully the Big 25 won't feel so old anymore and my life clock will stop ticking so loud!!!

Till next time!
Finess


No comments:

Post a Comment