Saturday, January 12, 2013

Reality vs. Dreams

Ever wonder what happened to the simple dreams of our childhood!?! Like I remember telling my dad that I was going to be the first black female president, and by hell or high water I going to do it, no questions asked! But over time that vision changed to a more attainable goal set by my parents and society... Go to college, get a good job, work a 9-5, put in your 40 years, and collect your social security.

Starting this month I have embarked on a new career path, hoping and praying that this new step will pay off in the long run. Yay!!! I will be able to follow the "AmericanDream"!!! I say this with little enthusiasm, because though some would be happy to have a steady 9-5, I cringe inside because I KNOW I have a higher calling! I am apart of the select few who dare to dream, and with the same tenacity of that little girl I once was, come hell or high water I will realize it!

I challenge you... Yes YOU, to join me! Break free of the conventions of our parents and follow the beat of your drummer! Lets become a world of happy and satisfied people. Let us all become in tune with ourselves and make changes towards the life's that we dream, not the one that others tell us is the normal level of success!

Dare with me! Live your dreams! Be who you and your Creator secretly crave! Be fearless and unapologetic about being you! I say in the war between Reality and Dreams, come over to the winning side!

Keep Dreaming, until next time,
Finess

No comments:

Post a Comment