Tuesday, January 22, 2013

In the World of Online Dating

So, I have already written about being a divorcee, but I haven't written about dating as a divorcee...or more so about online dating as a divorcee...Oh the murky world of online dating where every handsome man may just be a balding, 70 year old perv trying to lure you out to a random spot to molest you (seriously, I have had a 70 year old ask me out...CREEPER ALERT!!!!).  In all honesty I never thought about online dating at all!  It was only when friends repeatedly (and quite unsuccessfully) tried to set me up because, "...You would make a good wife/ You deserve someone great/  You should have a family..." did I finally try the suggestion of a few others to dabble in the world of online dating to see who is out there.  I grant you that depending on what site you are on pickings are slim, but ever so often there comes a glimmer of hope that makes you think that not all men are looking for an easy score or someone to play Silence of the Lambs with.
     True enough no romance has sparked from the guys I have met, but I have met some interesting and talented men!  Men who may become friends or good aquaintances or just a passing memory in an overloaded message inbox...I don't mean to sound discouraging for that is definitely not my goal here!  More people are finding their significant others via online dating than they are just going about their regular lives.  Yes, you must be careful because it is online and some people (as the MTV show Catfish taught us) are most certainly not who they say they are!  But, for the regular Joe's and Jane's who have lives full of work and home and volunteering and whatever else that keeps us busy, it is probably the best way to meet someone.
     As another very single friend of mine pointed out, all of her own friends relationships seemed to have started with online dating.  In truth I have had a couple of wonderful people stumble upon me and one in particular that has me struck quite smitten (to my own surprise).  Of course I heed my own advice and I am being quite careful (don't want to fall for a Jigsaw wanna be) but I will admit that seeing his name in my inbox makes me smile like a thirteen year old girl at a Justin Beiber concert!  Of course this is all new and only time will tell how true this course will run, but I would be denying much if I didn't say that he made a grand impression and he gives me hope...I can't believe I have been struck smitten in the world of online dating!
     Well that is all for now, but I will write again as I continue to traverse the deep and foriegn waters of the internet dating world.  Until then I wish you all Love and Happiness both great and true!
~ Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment