Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Love in all the "Wrong" Places

I use to wonder how people get caught up in a cheating scandal. Like how can you love someone and then go around sleeping and spending time with someone else? How can you bring yourself to do that? Love doesn’t act like that!

It’s not so black and white, like I thought. I now know how one can love someone so much and still betray their commitment. Don’t get me wrong, I am not condondning cheating! Some people out there are just horribly selfish human beings, but for the average every day girl, I understand why she would go off on a love affair.

She cheats to feel something again. It’s to feel like a woman. To fill the void that her love can not or will not fill. We as women try to hold on to a relationship for as long as possible, hoping that either he will change or that our desire will just go away. Unfortunately very rarely does either one of those happen. Men rarely change and our desires just grow stronger with neglect.

So when something shiny and new comes along, we give in to our nature: who we are after you pass all the niceties and makeup. We jump at it; trying to have restraint, but with every No, the Yes grows stronger. I can honestly admit to feeling this way, not feeling like I can fully open up and be myself with my partner. Not because I didn’t want to, because he has shown me that he wasn’t worthy to see all of me yet. He was not making me happy. I would look at him wondering if I should just walk away and never look back. There was something that made question his love, his devotion for me. And so in response, I hid. I slowly pulled back, praying and wishing that things will get better. Hopping that maybe he will try harder, maybe he would try to understand me and work on us. That hunger started to grow, the desire started burning, and I subconsciously start looking elsewhere to satisfy my needs.

I know many of you are thinking that you would never cheat on your mate. I would tell you the same thing. But I can understand and sympathize with those who have. It almost seems impossible to ward off temptation when you have been neglected. Neglect and abuse makes a perfect storm to cheat. One lover is complacent in their status of the relationship, no longer making an effort to really properly love the other. And the other is trying desperately to make things work, knowing that the hunger is building inside of them. I get it, I totally understand.

The moral of this post… Dude life is way to freaking short to hold on to things and people who make you unhappy. All this does is tie up two lives in a knot that gets more and more complicated as time goes on. And once someone either cheats or let goes too late, it is so much harder to unravel the knot. Also love your mate properly. Either get off your ass and give 100% to them or don’t waste each other’s time. I refuse to waste anymore time with half love! If they show you who they are and more importantly, who you are to them, believe them, and love yourself enough to walk away if you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment